- Potable Water - I am thankful for potable water today. I am dyeing cloth today in a process that produces beautiful results but consumes a lot of water. Every time I dye, I think about what a luxury clean water is. I live somewhere where I have enough to drink and bathe and even make art. So many live with little to no access to even enough to drink. It is very humbling.Water.org has an amazing mission of changing this sad state of affairs. If you have even a bit of money, this cause would be a really excellent way to spend it.
- One Last Free Summer - This has been a pretty lazy summer, but I don't feel too bad. Next year, I will no longer be a student, and will hopefully be working a real, full time job. I have decided to take advantage of lazy afternoons and plenty of time to work on as many projects and read as many books as I like.
- Air Conditioning - God, has it been hot lately! Hot and Humid. Summer is not the most pleasant time in the South, but it gets worse in the deep south and the south west. I am so grateful to have central heat and air. I honestly don't know what I'd do without it, and my heart goes out to people who have to make do with fans and wall units.
- Yarn - I will never not be thankful for yarn! I have very, very limited funds this summer. However, basically all my money has gone to making sure I have plenty of yarn for all the projects I want to finish. To me, there is nothing more luxurious than looking at my stash and planning things to do with every skein.
- Wi/Fi - Last but not least, I am thankful for my internet connection. I think I would have gone crazy this summer had I not been able to blog and tweet and read and watch documentaries and t.v. shows. Connecting with people online has become such an outlet for me, and I am beyond thankful for the internet and the community I have found there!
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
One of the ways I am going to make my life a bit more joyful, is by periodically posting on this blog a list of simple things that I am Thankful for. I plan on doing this at least once a week, and hope to include some fun links or tidbits about my list items. So, here goes!