Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Books Worth Reading...

 Lately, I have really been enjoying my iPad as an e-reader. After years of reading e-books on my MacBook, I am loving having something more portable and manageable. I have gone a little book crazy, and my library is chock full of some great stuff. 



How Did You Get This Number - Sloane Corsley

- I really enjoyed Sloane Crosley's first collection of essays, I Was Told There'd Be Cake. Her writing style is easy and engaging, and her stories will appeal to most young singles.(Although I am sure married and family style folks will enjoy them as well) 

Babycakes Covers the Classics - Erin McKenna 

- Since I have given up dairy and eggs, I have been researching vegan baking. Babycakes, is obviously a Mecca for vegan foodies, so I thought this book, from the founder of Babycakes, would be a great starting place. It is fascinating to see how vegan bakers get around such baking staples as eggs and milk. There are quite a few recipes in here that I am dying to try. 

Packing For Mars: The Curious Science of Life in the Void - Mary Roach 

- Ever since I heard Mary Roach on one of my favorite podcasts, Jordan, Jesse, Go!, I have been interested in reading her books. Roach writes about fascinating scientific subjects in a humorous and inquisitive style. Packing for Mars is about the fascinating stories of Space Travel, and the efforts that led up to it. 

 Are there any new books you are excited to dive into? I am always up for some great book suggestions! 




2 comments:

  1. thank u for sharing your choices, i found them super interesting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! I hope you get a chance to read some of them! They are really great so far.

    ReplyDelete